Matt's Rise of the Rune Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name our Party/Company

2 posters

Go down

Name our Party/Company Empty Name our Party/Company

Post  Jack Napier Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Jack discusses with the party the need for the group to have a name. He feels that once the group finally cleans up the mess at Sandpoint, people are going to be talking about them and will need a name to use.

Rather than let local journalists or authorities choose a name, the party should decide upon something good and appropriate. Jack is all ready working on some names and will present his ideas when the party meets to decide.
Jack Napier
Jack Napier

Back to top Go down

Name our Party/Company Empty Re: Name our Party/Company

Post  Winter Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:20 am

Winter isn't interested in fame and prefers to avoid unnecessary contact with "city folk", you guys can decide amongst yourselves-- I'll probably be spending most of my time in animal form soon anyway.

It might be advantageous to avoid having a public roster or face in cases where subtlety is required, maybe just for some party members.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Napier Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Make no mistake, Jack insists. He has no intention of sticking around very long in Sandpoint to enjoy his fame once he's fulfilled his promise to the people and collected his rewards. He understands quite well the need for anonymity, but heroic deeds simply don't allow it. It's how "city folk" work. Especially in small communities such as Sandpoint where everyone knows everything about everyone else. Word will get out.

Jack has big plans for this company, and Sandpoint is just the beginning. The people here will sing our praises for generations to come, but the people in our next location need not make any connection to our actions here. A new place, a new name can work wonders. Nor does it hurt to change one's appearance from time to time.
Jack Napier
Jack Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  Winter Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:30 pm

OOC: Wild shape kinda puts me in a unique position, after 5th level when I get natural spell and certainly by 6th-8th level theres not much reason for me to remain in human shape unless I need to speak to someone or use an item that requires speech. Later on even that drawback will be overcome via telepathy.

I see Winter as somewhat antisocial/xenophobic, hence the sleeping on the beach etc. So once I can change up my animal forms several times a day and remain that way most of the time, he'd rather be a fly/rat/bird on the wall most of the time unless outside social interaction is necessary for some reason. I'll probably roleplay this to the degree where perhaps even the party won't be aware where I am at all times...but then again neither are those out to get the party.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Napier Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:40 pm

OOC - Damian has a similiar ability through his Disguise Self spell, and perhaps through Alter Self later... though his is more of a "get out of jail free" card or way to mess with people. Damian is a role player. He's got a background in acting and generally likes to keep people guessing, hence his use of sobriquets and the fact that he doesn't dress like a typical mage/sorcerer. He generally wants to be loved by everyone, but keeps people at a distance on a deeper level. He role plays a character that suit his needs at any given time.

This may also stem from an insecurity that maybe, just maybe, his past with his father and the Hell Knights may eventually catch up with him.

In a sense, with the fame he's building under the guise of "Jack" he's enjoying the fruits of his labour while hiding in plain sight and will most likely adopt a new name/identity when the party moves on to another city and build a new reputation all together to be safe.

I imagine he'll have to let the party in on this a little bit once he starts refering to himself under a different name. I'm working on how he'll do that.

He sees the power (real and perceived) in names. People give things/people names in a way that subconsciously gives them dominion/control. Damian outright rejects laws, rules, and limitations that may prevent any form of freedom or happiness to himself or those he would consider "good people". As an extreme example, being called "Useless Steve" or "Farquad the Flatulent" would make people's first impression of a person very different from being called "Tyberius The Great and Powerful." Granting the power of naming his group to the citizens of Sandpoint would be allowing them some control over his destiny. Damian's going to want his group's name to be something that lets people of all allignments know he means business while being as ambiguous as possible.

-=-=
For Winter, if you take animal form Damikon can speak to you via "Speak with Animals" (get a wand if you need to?) and eventually Ka will be able to speak with her own kind (birds.) Damian will certainly be enlisting Winter's help for missions where keeping a low profile is a must.
Jack Napier
Jack Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down