Matt's Rise of the Rune Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party Treasure

3 posters

Go down

Party Treasure Empty Party Treasure

Post  Jack Napier Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Matt,

Is there any way we can sort out our treasure situation on here so that shopping can be done before the session, even if our characters haven't yet gone back to town and haggled at stores?

Jack Napier
Jack Napier

Back to top Go down

Party Treasure Empty treasure

Post  Winter Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:36 pm

I mean for now we're in town, so it makes sense to just total everything up for sale, multiply the total by the percentage of the retail price that a merchant is willing to buy stuff at and divide by 6 characters.

If there's magic loot people want (the ring last time) whoever takes it pays or owes the party money equal to half the price of the item (what it would have sold for). If more than 1 person wants it then they work it out among themselves or roll for who gets it.

If there's an item that is of value to the party as a whole then we just keep that and pass it around as needed.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Party Treasure Empty Usual magic item distribution system.

Post  Silli and Sei Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Usually, we play it that every member has a chance to roll for an item everyone wants, class specific items go to the class they're for, with disputes settled the same way.

However once a character gains an omni desirable item, the player has to wait until everyone has won one, before he or she can roll again.

Of course if only one player wants an item then he or she can take it without losing a roll.

I agree with just selling the unwanted mundane stuff and diviing up the value for everyone.

Silli and Sei

Back to top Go down

Party Treasure Empty Re: Party Treasure

Post  Winter Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 pm

If that's the system this group has previously used then I'm cool with it. Based on my experience my only concern is that in mathematical terms it doesn't seem to have a mechanism for correcting inequalities in PC wealth. That is, over time, more loot for certain types of characters might drop than for others, under this system it seems to me if that happens then characters of those types will become more well-off than others in the long term. On the flip side, it might be that certain types of loot are contested more because there are more characters of a certain type in the party, thus those characters have to compete with each other for items that benefit them whereas others might have easier pick at what they need to be more effective.

I think any of these difficulties can be overcome with either way of doing things, after all, this is a friendly game. I'll give the topic a rest at this point since I've made my points clear enough and let the rest of the group help decide things.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Party Treasure Empty Re: Party Treasure

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down